Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Ride

Someone I have come to respect very much in a short period of time (my boss), told me yesterday that it's not about getting to where you're going so much as it's enjoying the ride along the way.

It was an interesting moment. After a VERY long day at work. After a long last few months relocating our family across the country. Searching for a home to live in. Packing, moving and unpacking all of our worldly possessions. Starting a new job.... It's been a stressful few months!

In that moment she actually told me to give myself permission to think about the last few months. Permission to let my guard down, not be focused on determination to get to the end, and permission to acknowledge what we've been through to get where we are now. They haven't been easy ones, but they sure have been good!

Looking back at the past five months, it's sure amazing what has happened:
- I found a new job
- We packed up ourselves and our things and moved across the country
- We found a place to live
- I have found success in my job. Within the first couple of months, I was within 10% of meeting my budgets.

Some pretty awesome things have happened. But those things are just where we have managed to find ourselves. The magic that happened within these events is even more fun to look back at:
- I sent my resume one business day before a job opening came up. Incredible timing!
- The rental home we are living in is perfect for us, and is in a great neighbourhood. It's perfect!
- I work with an awesome group of people, both coworkers and clients. I've been so blessed to be able to interact with such awesome people on a daily basis!

The ride is half the fun. It hasn't been easy, but it's been awfully amazing. And don't forget that the bumps along the way are there to remind you to pay attention and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment