Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hawkins Cheezies ... I Love You!!!

There are few things that I will break my healthy-eating January for.

But, there are Hawkins Cheezies.

Those crunchy, delicious, cheezy, artificially bright orange pieces of heaven.

If you've ever had a Hawkins Cheezie, you understand my love for them. If you haven't, I suggest you go out right now, and hunt for some until you find them.

Yum!

I've decided that a little bit of cheating on the weekends will be okay, and will help me stay on track without being too strict. So last night, I undulged with a couple handfuls of cheezies and a book.

Heaven!!!

I'm also rediscovering some of my favourite foods that are healthy AND delicious! Over the next little while, I'll share some of them.

Here's the first. It's one that mom made every once in awhile growing up, and I made it this past week for the first time ever! It's delicious:

Honey Curried Chicken:

1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup of honey
1/3 cup of dijon mustard
1 tsp. curry powder
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1. Melt first four ingredients together slightly to melt the butter (but don't melt it too much - keep it thick enough that it'll cover the chicken well).
2. Place chicken in a greased pan (I used a loaf pan for 3 chicken breasts), and pour the honey dijon mixture over the chicken.
3. Bake at 350F for approximately 45 minutes, or until cooked through.

Even if you're not a curry lover, this is a delicious recipe. The curry is very mild. It's delicious with some white rice, and even BETTER when you take the leftover sauce and pour it over the rice. YUM!

Calories per serving: approximately 250-300 calories per chicken breast

ENJOY!!!! I'd love feedback, and send me your favourite recipes too!

3 comments:

  1. Was totally going to make this the other night! I LOVE moms honey curry chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that Hawkins Cheezies are made in Ontario????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure did! They're made in Belleville, which is where I went to college. Also where I met Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete