Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Mom. One Family. And Everything Else...

So 'they' say that life changes happen at the same time.

In 2000 I graduated from highschool and moved away from my childhood home in BC to go to College in Ontario. In 2003 I got married and moved into our first family home. In 2006 I had my son and started a new job. In 2009 I had my daughter and somehow didn't manage to get anything else done (I blame it on the fact that I haven't slept in almost a year, and we have been basically 'joined at the boob' since her birth).

Bring on 2010. A year of exhaustion and enormous life changes. In three days, I will officially be leaving Ontario and moving back to BC to start a new job and a new life for the family. I've spent the last few weeks packing up 10 years' accumulations. Needless to say one girl with two suitcases and a box became one man and one woman and a few boxes and a bit of furniture. One man and one woman eventually became one man, one woman, two kids, one dog and a heck of a lot of boxes!!

So obviously I don't have enough on my plate. I obviously have tons of time on my hands. I'm obviously not packing frantically, trying to figure out who needs to be notified of the move, and very definitely not trying to see all of my friends before I leave.

Oh, and did I mention that Miss Audrey is currently working on punching out a couple top teeth?

I obviously have enough time to start a blog.

Am I driven? Maybe.

Am I crazy? Probably.

Should I be packing more boxes? Definitely!!

Stay tuned for more ramblings as I try to juggle work and family ... and a cross-country move!

No comments:

Post a Comment